bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Urgent Help Needed (X Server + TNT2 VGA) !

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Urgent Help Needed (X Server + TNT2 VGA) !
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:55:05 +0300

On Monday 28 July 2003 09:03, Payam bahraini wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I got the following error when I tried to start X
> Server:
>
> "I cannot Start the X Server (your graphical
> interface).
> It is likely that it is not set up correctly.
> would you like to view the X Server output to diagnose
> the problem ?
>                 Yes     or    No "
>
> When I select "yes", the message " Unsupported VGA
> Compatible" appears in text environment.
>
> VGA Card: TNT2

As Arash mentioned, you can use nvidia's proprietary drivers. get them
from their website.

However, TNT cards fully work with the free 'nv' driver which comes with
XFree86, atleast in 2D mode (for 3D you HAVE to use the proprietary
driver).

What is your distro? What is your X ? What is the exact model of your
card? And finaly, what tool are you using to configure X ?

Cheers

--
/*  God is dead. Darwin and Mendel jumped
him in an alley and beat him to death.