bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Can I build Windows executables in GNU/Linux?

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Can I build Windows executables in GNU/Linux?
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:04:14 +0300

On Saturday 26 July 2003 15:19, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:
> Hello,
>      Is there any program available for building
> Windows
> executables in GNU/Linux which can use Windows DLLs?
> Or is there any way to compile GCC to run under
> GNU/Linux and build Windows executables?
>      I want to write cross-platform Gtk+/Qt programs
> under GNU/Linux and build Linux and Windows binaries
> but I don't like to use Windows. Can I do it?

Short answer : Yes you can. You can make any kind of executable (for
other platforms) using gcc. You don't have to use windoze to make
windoze programs.

Long answer: "man gcc". Sorry I don't remember the exact option, but
AFAIR it was "-b" followed by your platforms name.

Warning: Using this method, I have produced windows executables on my
linux box, and then executed them on my windows box. However, my
programs were very simple, and did not use any DLL. I am sure that
there is a way to even use windows DLLs, but I haven't done it.

Cheers

--
/*  God is dead. Darwin and Mendel jumped
him in an alley and beat him to death.