bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] Fwd: Invitation to participate in Apache J2EE efforts

From: Arash Zeini
Subject: [linuxiran] Fwd: Invitation to participate in Apache J2EE efforts
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:26:16 +0430

Just FYI.

Date: Tuesday 05 August 2003 20:28
From: Greg Stein <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden, address@hidden,
address@hidden, Bela Ban <address@hidden>,
address@hidden,
address@hidden, address@hidden,
address@hidden

As you may have heard by now, the Apache Software Foundation has initiated
 a project to develop an open source, Apache-licensed implementation of
 the J2EE specification. In addition, the project is committed to
 certifying the implementation as J2EE compliant. This is an ambitious
 goal and will present a formidable challenge for the people involved,
 given the wide range of technologies covered by the specification.

The project (tentatively named "Apache Geronimo") builds upon the many
 Java projects at the Apache Software Foundation. In addition, the project
 is bringing together leading members of the Castor, JBoss, MX4J and
 OpenEJB communities. We would like to extend an open invitation to
 everyone involved in the J2EE space, both commercial entities and
 talented individuals, to join the community and build a world-class J2EE
 implementation.

The Apache Software Foundation is in a unique position to build a J2EE
compliant platform. Our non-profit, charity status, and our relationship
with Sun Microsystems, provides the Foundation with access to the J2EE
 TCKs, making it possible to achieve certification. In addition, our
 flexible and unrestrictive licensing makes it possible for a wide variety
 of participants to assist in the development of Apache Geronimo, and to
 build their own solutions upon the platform.

Apache Geronimo has been launched within the Apache Incubator. You can
 find more information about the Incubator at
 http://incubator.apache.org/. To find out more about this project or if
 you would like to become involved, please send email to the incubator
 mailing list: address@hidden

    On behalf of the Apache Geronimo Team,

    Greg Stein,
    Chairman of the Apache Software Foundation

--
address@hidden ... ASF Chairman ... http://www.apache.org/