bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Broken sectioning

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Broken sectioning
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:02:00 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> I have applied a fix for this.  Please see if it makes your problems
> go away.

It does, thank you very much.

>> And now some tracks don't get joined at all, where they
>> obviously should be.

> Can you provide a test case?

For example, I have a directory tree (created with tree-from-tags.rb)
that looks like this:

$ find Godspeed\ You\ Black\ Emperor/ -type d
Godspeed You Black Emperor/
Godspeed You Black Emperor/Godspeed You Black Emperor - 1999 - Slow Riot For
New Zero Kanada
Godspeed You Black Emperor/Godspeed You Black Emperor - 2000 - Lift Your Skinny
Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

It used to be inserted like this in the buffer:

[Godspeed You Black Emperor]
  [Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada (1999)]
    01. Moya
    02. Bbf3
  [Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (2000)]
    01. Storm
    02. Gathering Storm
    03. Sleep
    04. Antennaes To Heaven

and now it's like this:

[Godspeed You Black Emperor]
  Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada (1999) -- 01. Moya
  Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada (1999) -- 02. Bbf3
  Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (2000) -- 01. Storm
  Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (2000) -- 02. Gathering Storm
  Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (2000) -- 03. Sleep
  Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (2000) -- 04. Antennaes To
Heaven

Oddly enough, the bug occurs for only a few directories, not all.
I haven't found what's the factor to trigger it, unfortunately.

Thanks,

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the