bug-lilypond
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Weird output


From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: Weird output
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 18:40:37 +0000
User-agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 (Windows/20070221)

I had begun to suspect that JPedal was the culprit.  I was posting my
"problem" PDF to a website and when I looked at it online it was fine.
Although the italic umlaut-u (and other umlauted vowewls) was rendered
properly, I still had an umlauted vowel in a lyric that was wrong.

-David

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> I seem to recall that there have been some reports on bugs
> in JPedal, the PDF previewer used with jEdit. Why not check
> the PDF file using Acrobat or some other PDF viewer and
> report the bug to the JPedal developers (or upgrade to a
> newer version) if that one turns out to be the culprit.
> 
>   /Mats
> 
> David Bobroff wrote:
> 
>> OK, this is getting weirder.  I installed Lily v2.11.23.  I got the same
>> results and was going to post it on my website so anybody interested
>> could take a look.  BUT; when I checked it online, rather than in the
>> previewer with jEdit...the umlaut-u was fine in the header.  BUT; the
>> umlaut-a in the line of lyrics was still 'A-tilde currency'.  I had
>> already edited this to be an umlaut-a.  Furthermore, u-grave had
>> reverted to 'A-tilde superscript 1'.
>>
>> This is looking less and less like a LilyPond problem.  I realized this
>> is now off-topic, but does anyone have a suggestion (perhaps off-list?)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>>
>> Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
>>  
>>
>>> Hi David,
>>>
>>> I have tested your example with LilyPond 2.11.23 (Windows), the
>>> output is o.k..
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>   
>>>> Something odd is going on.  In the example below, if I try to make the
>>>> subtitle print in italics I get a strange result on the umlaut-u.  I
>>>> don't get two umlaut dots.  I get only the one on the right and it has
>>>> extra something sticking out of the left side making it look rather
>>>> like a single curly quote on its side.  If I comment out the \italic
>>>> the umlaut-u is fine...but not italicized, of course.
>>>>
>>>> -David
>>>>
>>>> \version "2.10.20" %% On Windows
>>>>
>>>> \header {
>>>> title = \markup {
>>>>  %% commenting out \italic allows proper rendering
>>>>  \italic
>>>>  "Walk├╝re"
>>>> }
>>>> }
>>>>
>>>> \score {
>>>> \relative c' {
>>>>  c1
>>>> }
>>>> }
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> bug-lilypond mailing list
>>>> address@hidden
>>>> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
>>>>     
>>>
>>>   
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> bug-lilypond mailing list
>> address@hidden
>> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
>>  
>>
> 
> 





reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]