Re: cvs2cl

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: cvs2cl
Date: 25 Nov 2000 21:48:44 -0500

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Although I would like to have a hand maintained ChangeLog file please
> note that the cvs2cl utility has a --fsf flag that generates the somewhat
> more readable:

>         * ChangeLog, java/util/jar/Attributes.java,
>         java/util/jar/JarFile.java: Merge with libgcj (fixes by Anthony
>         Green and Mark Wielaard)
>         * java/util/jar/Attributes.java: Correct comment spelling.
>         * java/util/jar/JarFile.java: Constructor that takes mode now calls
>         super. Don't call java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry twice.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Thanks for pointing that out Mark.  I'll gladly make that change and
regenerate the file.  I'm of the opinion that we need to generate a
ChangeLog which catches us up to the current date now matter what.
All other ChangeLogs are rather incomplete.

I would prefer to generate the log file from cvs comments... as the
two are supposed to be the same thing... the separate maintenance only
buys hand-formatted text as opposed to machine I suppose.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>