Re: cvs2cl

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: cvs2cl
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:52:00 +1300

Brian Jones wrote:

> Thanks for pointing that out Mark.  I'll gladly make that change and
> regenerate the file.  I'm of the opinion that we need to generate a
> ChangeLog which catches us up to the current date now matter what.
> All other ChangeLogs are rather incomplete.

How about we generate a cvs2cl changelog to get historical changes, but hand
maintain it from now on? Or is that what's happening already?

> I would prefer to generate the log file from cvs comments... as the
> two are supposed to be the same thing... the separate maintenance only
> buys hand-formatted text as opposed to machine I suppose.

It would be great if the cvs comments were sufficient, but in reality they don't
work as well as handcrafted entries. My main problem with them is that you can't
easily write a separate entry for each file changed without doing multiple
commits.

regards

  [ bryce ]