Re: Problem in Class.java

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Problem in Class.java
Date: 24 Apr 2001 19:59:21 -0600

>>>>> "John" == John Leuner <address@hidden> writes:

John> The method in vm/reference/java/lang/Class.java:
John>    public Class getComponentType() {
John>   if(isArray()) {
John>       try {
John>           return Class.forName(getName().substring(1));
John>       } catch(ClassNotFoundException e) {
John>           return null;
John>       }
John>   } else {
John>       return null;
John>   }
John>     }
John> is wrong.

I don't have any comment on this code per se; libgcj has its own
java.lang.Class implementation.

However I do think it would be cool to have Mauve tests for this sort
of thing.  There might be some in there already, but I don't know how
complete they might be.

Tom