RE: Problem in Class.java

From: John Keiser
Subject: RE: Problem in Class.java
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 00:17:47 -0600

Sure is.  That's why I sent it here instead of checking it in :)  I didn't
have a copy of Classpath handy and I don't feel right spending more than a
few minutes on it at work.

The problem my patch had, though, wouldn't have been caught by the compiler.
It was a good deal more insidious.

> The following patch works with my JVM (and I've run some tests
> against the IBM JVM), I hope I haven't missed anything.
>
> BTW, is this the correct way to generate and submit a patch?

I believe so.

The patch looks good (much better than my attempt); the only thing I would
do is put the '[' and 'L' case into the switch ... it's slightly more
efficient that way, less function calls and such.

I'll try and get a cvs tree down tomorrow.

--John Keiser