Re: nio package and asynchronous io

From: Jakob Praher
Subject: Re: nio package and asynchronous io
Date: 04 Feb 2002 18:27:20 +0100

Am Mon, 2002-02-04 um 18.39 schrieb Nic Ferrier:

> Jakob Praher <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > hi all,
> >
> > do you have any plan on adding nio support and asynchronous io to the
> > classpath project?
> > if yes what is your agenda on this subject.
> >

> I have done a little bit of work for GCJ with this.

cool. - is it anywhere I can look at it?
Have you also looked at the new Buffers that are available in merlin?

> Unfortunately I haven't had any time recently to look at it but it's
> very much in my mind because I'm also the developer of GNU-Paperclips
> (a servlet engine).

yeah - this thing could improve the performance of socket based servers
quite abit - I have played with the Selector API abit and it looks like
a huge performance plus.

> When I have more time I'll probably be able to finish it off, it's
> not actually that complicated.

btw:
do have any experience with the orp vm?
what's the performance compared to the client/server hotspot vms?

Jakob