Re: build failures: a small update

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: build failures: a small update
Date: 12 Feb 2002 23:09:43 -0500

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> writes:

> The tar file DOES work with the settings I'm using.

Good

> But, unless I'm doing something wrong with the CVS setup, the CVS
> tagged to 0.03 doesn't work. I'm not sure how important that is
> however.

I just checked out that version and built it okay here, at least the
class files anyway.  I didn't bother with --enable-jni.

> Note that I may well be doing something wrong with the CVS setup, I
> wasn't aware one had to run autoheader for example (there isn't a doc
> anywhere describing the order?)

The HACKING file documents how to build from CVS.  You should use this
if you want to build from CVS.

> So, just for the record here's what I did:
>
> $ cd classpath #the cvs top-level
> $ aclocal
> $ autoheader
> $ automake
> $ autoconf
>
> Is that right? If so I'll submit some config and make logs tommorow.

Yes, that's correct.  You should not receive any errors when doing
that, except perhaps about config.h being unchanged if you've done it
before.
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>