Re: Preparing for 0.06 release

From: David P Grove
Subject: Re: Preparing for 0.06 release
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:31:01 -0400

I talked to Julian, and Jikes RVM no longer has a functional need for this particular patch.  In the long run, getting a nice break between SecurityManager and a VMSecurityManager would be good for our performance, but the current code is functionally ok. Our suggestion would be to cancel this particular patch in favor of a more complete refactoring of this code to get a nice VMSecurityManager class we could provide our own implementation of after 0.06 come out.

--dave