Re: GNU Classpath 0.06 created

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath 0.06 created
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:51:32 -0700

Mark Wielaard wrote:

My thinking was that the 0.0x releases are actually the pre-releases
while we work towards the first real GNU Classpath 1.0 release. People
can combine these pre-releases with their own VMs like gcj, kissme,
jikesRVM, Jaos, etc already do. But as long as we don't have at least a
minimum of functionality to offer (we are hoping that 1.0 will have the
equivalent functionality as core libraries that come with some
proprietary 1.1 JDKs) and a stable/maintainable VM interface we cannot
call it a real release.

If you've created a cvs tag, and given it a real version number,
I'd call it a release, even if it's not a 1.0 relase.  alpha.gnu.org
has outlived its usefulness (evidenced by the fact that it is little
used) now that "alpha" code is available in CVS for most projects.

Note that alpha.gnu.org is not mirrored the way ftp.gnu.org is.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/