Re: [cp-patches] Updated: crypto merge patch

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: [cp-patches] Updated: crypto merge patch
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:22:15 +0200

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Stuart" == Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

Stuart> - CORBA (no work is being done here AFAIK)

There is JacORB and OpenORB.  They have some license trouble, but
nothing really fatal.  We couldn't put them in classpath though.

I have not managed to build JacORB with Kaffe. there is a class missing in their org.omg.* packages, unfortunately. Asking on the JacORB mailing list about it produced no result, so far. But I guess we'll need to have our own org.omg implementation anyway, due to the original implementation's license being 'don't touch', i.e. not GPL-compatible.

OpenORB is not an option for kaffe because it is licensed under ASL, so I haven't tried building it.

cheers,
dalibor topic