RE: japi and public references to non-public types

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: japi and public references to non-public types
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:53:39 +0200

Mark Wielaard wrote:
> This looks like something the compiler should warn against
> "public/protected field/return with package/private type"
> (inner classes could be private).
>
> Tom are you taking notes for gcjx?
>
> I think japi should also warn against it not hide it, except when
> explicitly told to.

I agree. We're never going to get a 100% score on Japi anyway [1], so
hiding this stuff doesn't do any good in my opinion.

Regards,
Jeroen

[1] One example I can think of is the non-constant serialVersionUID
fields in some classes (that compute their serialVersionUID based on
some runtime setting or such)