Re: 0.19 "release meeting" - Wed Oct 19 21:00 UTC

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: 0.19 "release meeting" - Wed Oct 19 21:00 UTC
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:28:46 -0400

On 10/18/05, Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> wrote:
> We wanted to have a release the first week of November. So I thought it
> would be a good idea to send a reminder that people should see what the
> want to get in before that, and what they want to see tested so they
> feel confident that 0.19 will be a great developer snapshot worthy of
> incorporation into gcc and kaffe as soon as it is released early
> November.

I wasn't able to make it to the meeting but I was wondering if there
has been any discussion of the idea of making a 0.19 release of the
generics branch as well as HEAD? I get the impression that the
generics branch is mature enough that this isn't unreasonable, and I
know there's demand for it because Jeroen has said that he'd base
future IKVM releases on the generics branch if Classpath starts making
releases of it.

Obviously the ideal situation would be for the 0.19 generics branch
release to be synced up to exactly the same point on HEAD as the main
0.19 release, but I think a release might be valuable even if this
weren't possible.

Thoughts?

Stuart.
--