Re: Using OSG for Classpath

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Using OSG for Classpath
Date: 31 Oct 2005 11:54:19 -0700

>> 3/ Cross dependencies should be absolutely minimized. I noticed
>> java.nio was used in several implementation packages.

Roman> As I said, the interdependencies between the core packages are - at
Roman> places - quite complex and hardly avoidable. We do however try keep the
Roman> dependencies at a minimum. If you find a dependency from one package to
Roman> another which can/should be avoided, please file a bug report.

In some cases we've deliberately chosen to have "unusual" dependencies
rather than duplicate code.  In particular I'm thinking of our io/nio
inter-connections.

Tom