RE: Re[2]: Using OSG for Classpath

From: David Holmes
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Using OSG for Classpath
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:34:55 +1000

Peter Kriens writes:
> The OSGi gives you modularization. Instead of one big chunk, you get
> many smaller chunks with well defined dependencies.

I think something like this works well for frameworks and even some
applications. While some parts of the java* tree can be treated effectively
as separate frameworks, I don't think this extends to the core packages
themselves. Further I don't see modules as being any help in dealing with
the subsetting/supersetting introduced by J2ME configurations and profiles.

Just my 2c

David Holmes