Re: Proposal: Graphics2D rewrite branch

From: theUser BL
Subject: Re: Proposal: Graphics2D rewrite branch
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 13:20:51 +0000

On this branch I'd like to do several things:

1) Make Graphics2D the default
2) Remove Graphics

What do you mean with this?
Does this mean, that Graphics is based on Graphics2D and so for plain AWT or Swing programs Cairo is needed?

I don't hope so. I have the hope, that it goes in any time the other way around, that Graphics2D is based on Graphics and created with the plain AWT-Graphics. So it would also be easier to port free Javas to Windows and MacOSX. Something like Sun does with its implementation. So that on Windows and MacOSX "only" the bindings to GTK+ are ported to the Windows-API and the Aqua-API. But if Cairo is needed, it seems, that you also need later on Windows and MacOSX Cairo. And that is something what I don't like.

Greatings
theuserbl