Re: [Jessie-discuss] Re: RFC: merging GNU Crypto and Jessie

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Jessie-discuss] Re: RFC: merging GNU Crypto and Jessie
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:19:16 +0100

Hi Anthony,

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 05:38 -0800, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 13:50 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> >  All I was saying is that it isn't a necessity for
> > GNU Classpath as a project, or people redistributing GNU Classpath as
> > Free Software.
>
> I'm being told that there are situations where this second part is not
> true, which is why I need to remove the export controlled code.

If there are situations where you are not able to (re)distribute the GNU
Classpath source code and/or follow the the BIS/ENC notification
procedures as done by the various GNU/Linux distros to distribute binary
derivatives of GNU Classpath as Free Software works then please let us
know. And follow up with some more concrete information about these
situations. I am happy to discuss this with FSF legal and see if there
are procedures to help in your situation. How are these situations
different from distributing GPG, GCC, Mozilla, OpenSSH, etc?

Cheers,

Mark