Re: Using a workspace-based VM in Eclipse

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Using a workspace-based VM in Eclipse
Date: 22 Dec 2005 15:53:13 -0700

Mark> One of the symlinks didn't work for me. Attached is a patch for the
Mark> tools.jar to try and find it in some other location. Generated by
Mark> eclipse of course :)

Yeah, that one is super bogus.  And, I think, not actually needed.

Anyway, commit that if you like.  You have rhug access, right?

Mark> Strangely the attach source step didn't work. I always get:
Mark> Assertion failed; Path for IClasspathEntry must be absolute

Hmm.  Did you choose Workspace... when specifying the source path?  I
did... anyway, check your .log, maybe this is a bug somewhere.

Mark> Wow! That is really nice. It seems to work instantly. Edit the project
Mark> or edit classpath and on a rerun your changes are there :)

Yup, this is why I think Eclipse is the easiest way to develop
Classpath.  At least, that is true for the Java side of things.  For
the native code the traditional tools are probably still in the lead.

Tom