Re: Using a workspace-based VM in Eclipse

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Using a workspace-based VM in Eclipse
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:24:23 +0100

Hi Tom,

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 15:53 -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Yeah, that one is super bogus.  And, I think, not actually needed.
>
> Anyway, commit that if you like.  You have rhug access, right?

No I don't think I have rhug access.

> Mark> Strangely the attach source step didn't work. I always get:
> Mark> Assertion failed; Path for IClasspathEntry must be absolute
>
> Hmm.  Did you choose Workspace... when specifying the source path?  I
> did... anyway, check your .log, maybe this is a bug somewhere.

It happens before that. When hitting the Edit... button.
I worked around it by just removing the rt.jar and readding it by hand.
Then I can Edit and attach source for the classpath workspace.

> Mark> Wow! That is really nice. It seems to work instantly. Edit the project
> Mark> or edit classpath and on a rerun your changes are there :)
>
> Yup, this is why I think Eclipse is the easiest way to develop
> Classpath.  At least, that is true for the Java side of things.  For
> the native code the traditional tools are probably still in the lead.

It looks like the native side gets rebuild a lot though. I guess there
are some dependencies wrong since I seem to trigger a full rebuild of
cacao a lot when running mauve for example.

Cheers,

Mark