Re: Separate obj tree

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: Re: Separate obj tree
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:37:46 -0400 (EDT)

  GS> Sounds like a good idea to me (at least on NT).  On systems with
  GS> real links, it's handy to have the source right there to edit
  GS> (and it doesn't cost hardly any disk space there either -- no
  GS> harm, no foul, so I'd leave it).

However, if you're using emacs (on Unix, with links) you have to have
things set up just right otherwise you can get two buffers on the same
file (via the different link names).  On NT, I still can't just do
Ctrl-x ` to go to a compile error in emacs because it brings me to the
build-tree version.  I sometimes do that out of habit and can't figure
out where my changes went. :-(.

I do understand the #include-problem with generated headers (which I
have in abundance), so I haven't tried to change the way cons works.
Ideally I'd write an emacs function that would process the error
filename in a configurable way before jumping to it.  If only I had
time...

--
Gary Oberbrunner                address@hidden