Could you share and shed some more wisdom?

From: Zachary Deretsky
Subject: Could you share and shed some more wisdom?
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:06:36 -0800

Gary and Steven,

thank you for your explanations, maybe something beautiful
will come out of it in due time.

I hope you don't mind me asking about every little twist
for the sake of clarity.

input*.txt contain a list of directories with Conscripts
where python files are generated and Installed.

I am generating python_files.txt with the list of those
files, but these files HAVE to be built and installed BEFORE
proceeding further. It seems, `cat ` trick is not applicable here.

Maybe, the easiest is to ensure that those sibling Conscripts
are built before the current one. It is against cons philosopy
to prescribe the order of builds and installs, but is there a
trick to do that? Depends on PHONEY targets?

I thought, from old postings, that AfterBuild supeceeded AddTarget,
but apparently they complement each other. What does AddTarget do?

Thanks, Zach.