System includes

From: vbar
Subject: System includes
Date: 16 Jan 2002 13:11:49 -0000

Hi,

I've been trying cons again (the latest version of ActivePerl
contains Digest::MD5 by default, so I can finally use cons on
Windows at work) and I hit trouble: for the purpose of
dependency analysis, cons doesn't consider "system" includes
(i.e. directives with angle brackets, of the form
#include <file.H>
). I can't even say if the behavior is intended - docs don't
really describe what "complete dependency analysis" is and
the cons source doesn't make much sense to me - but I can't
tolerate it. Ignoring system includes is IMHO a reasonable
default, but for me it's a show-stopper, because our C++ coding
standards prescribe using angle brackets in *all* includes
(don't ask me why - I have no idea), and even if I wanted to
scratch the rule (which I doubt is practically possible), I
can't ignore all the existing code following it. I can patch
cons to treat all includes as if they used quotes (I did), but
I wanted to ask:
Is cons supposed to always skip system includes?
If yes, is it possible to make this behavior optional?

  Bye
    Vasek