Re: please comment: more advertisement liked ?

From: Brad Garcia
Subject: Re: please comment: more advertisement liked ?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:16:10 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Erich Waelde wrote:

>  * History of the project?

Developed by Bob Sidebotham at FORE Systems in 1996 to replace an aging
and error-prone "make" build system.  It was soon released to the public
under a BSD-like license.  Since then, ownership has been transferred
to GNU, the license is now GPL, and several companies and individuals
are using it as their build system.

>  * Plans for the close and distant future?
>
>    There is a substantial TODO list
> ??? I looked into the cons-2.3.0 TODO list. Is this uptodate ?
> ??? Is some of this stuff already built in ?
> ???
> ??? parallel Cons ?
> ??? modular Cons ?
Good place to mention Scons?

Yes - http://www.scons.org/faq.html#SS_5_1

>    and is a part of the software carpentry project.
> ??? links?  documentation?

http://www.scons.org  (google is your friend!)

Brad Garcia