Split cons code (was: Re: Debian package and development of CONS)

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Split cons code (was: Re: Debian package and development of CONS)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:35:36 +0200

Pierre THIERRY <address@hidden> writes:

> I had the intention to try a modularization (m12n, I like abbreviations
> and acronyms very much :-) of the current Cons code, and then package it
> as a set of Perl modules. I don't know yet how exactly, but I think we
> could just have a Cons::Backward or somethink like that.

Yes, I think that the monolithic cons has too much drawbacks:
- huge file
- redundant code wrt CPAN (e.g. option handling)
- huge learning curve to understand cons internals.

The argumant to have a single file was the ease of installation. But
with the current CPAN infrastructure, installing an application made
of several perl module is quite easy. So I don't see any reason to
keep cons as a single file.

Cheers

--
address@hidden