Re: [GNU/consensus] ZCash

From: IngeGNUe
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] ZCash
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 15:06:32 -0400

On 09/03/2016 12:23 AM, IngeGNUe wrote:
> On 08/28/2016 12:40 PM, lupa wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Do you know this project? https://z.cash/
>>
>> What do you think about it ?
>>
>> thanks!
>>

> Really cool idea from a security perspective, I've been hoping to see
> something like this. ...

(snip)

One thing I would reflect on this, however, is that if ZCash is based on
bitcoin, then it still has all the drawbacks of bitcoin with regard to
mining/distribution of coins to its users (based on the principle of
processor might-makes-right with diminishing returns).

So could the privacy features of ZCash be ported to more fair currencies
such as faircoin 2.0? I will ask them.