ddd

gdb problem with a thread's exit ??

From: Bill Pitts
Subject: gdb problem with a thread's exit ??
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 09:41:00 -0800

Hello,

When debugging a multi-threaded app (user level nfs server) under the control
of gdb (5.0), gdb reponds to the exit of a detached thread with:

    Program exited normally.
    (gdb)

Meanwhile, the other threads within the app continue to run.

I running Red Hat 7.0 (os, gcc, pthreads, ...).

Am I missing something?  I've read all relevant docs that I can find.
I can't figure out how to keep gdb from responding to a thread's exit.

As a last resort, I'll re-cycle the threads so they never die.

Any insight or help appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Pitts