ddd

DDD accepts commands when gdb pane is closed

From: -
Subject: DDD accepts commands when gdb pane is closed
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:08:24 -0800 (PST)

We are running DDD via its tty interface so that it
can be driven by commands from a parent process. When
DDD is started up in this way (via the --tty option)
it by default hides the GDB command pane.

However even though the pane is hidden, you can still
type commands and they are executed by DDD (even
though you can't see what you are typing!)

We think that this is wrong. Whenever the GDB pane is
closed then all keyboard-based command input should be
disabled aswell.

This causes us a particular problem because we are
sending commands to DDD via its tty interface, but if
the user accidentally hits the keyboard then the
keypresses get interleaved with the tty commands and
we end up with a complete failure due to unrecognised
commands!

Colin