ddd

RE: Breakpoint works for one user but not for the other...

From: David Arnstein
Subject: RE: Breakpoint works for one user but not for the other...
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:43:47 -0800

> But when he starts ddd, it behaves much different: He gets a
> message in
> the gdb console about a SIG32 realtime event when a thread is
> started,
> that I never see. He also gets "Program received signal
> SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap" after which the program
> terminates. I never got this one neither. But we
> can switch them off via the "Signal handling" dialog box.

I have seen this behavior as well.  I don't know how to fix it.  In my case,
the program doesn't terminate, it just breaks.  I can press the "Cont" button
on ddd and it will continue executing.

Is it possible that your colleague has linked his target program with shared
libraries, and you are using static libraries?

I have problems debugging any program that uses shared libraries. The target
program breaks when executing code in a shared library.  Is there a workaround
for THIS problem?