ddd

Re: Breakpoint works for one user but not for the other...

From: mohan
Subject: Re: Breakpoint works for one user but not for the other...
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:59:06 +0530

unsubscribe me
mohan
----- Original Message -----
From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: "Tim Mooney" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 4:15 PM

Hello,

>> I set a breakpoint [... and the ...] program stops perfectly at the
breakpoint.

>>A colleague of mine has copied my .ddd directory so I think he has the
>>same config as me.
>>But when he starts ddd, it behaves much different:

>>The bad thing is, that the program seems to stop at the breakpoint, but
>>the green arrow doesn't appear and he can't step through the program.

>Does the person have the same gdb configuration as you do?  Are they
>executing the same version of gdb that you are?

Yes, everything _should_ be identically: We work on the same machine, use
the same software and compile/debug the same program.

... some moments later ...

Ok, we didn't have the same gdb config. His included the lines:

set solib-absolute-prefix /opt/arm-libs/libs
set solib-search-path /opt/arm-libs/libs/lib

which caused all the trouble...

Many thanks for the hint !

cu
Markus Grunwald