ddd

choosing a differetn source file in ddd

From: dave
Subject: choosing a differetn source file in ddd
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:52:54 -0500

Hi,

I am wondering if it would be simple/possible to modify ddd
so that one could open different source files more easily.
I have a project where I routinely like to move between
around 1000 source files. with the current file chooser
widget this is quite difficult to do quickly as one must
manipulate the list of files with a mouse. What I would like is
a file chooser which comes up with a file name selector
field having focus. then one could simply begin to type in
the name of the dersired file and the window would
scroll to the set of corresponding files.

I am willing to give this a try but I am completely new to
ddd so I have a few questions.

1.) How does one find the place in the osurce where the file
    chooser is implemented.

2.) Is this simply a matter of finding a different widget
    and modifying the code slightly to use it.

    Thanks,

     Dave

--
David A. Fournier