ddd

Re: Can commit to SVN (could under CVS though)

From: Peter Wainwright
Subject: Re: Can commit to SVN (could under CVS though)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 16:31:24 +0000

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 11:21 -0500, R. Bernstein wrote:
> Subject: "Can commit" should be "Can NOT commit"
> R. Bernstein writes:
>  > I've recently fixed up support for pydb in ddd so that it shows
>  > disassembly (if desired), and so that signal-display window now works.
>  >
>  > This would be my first check-in since the CVS-SVN conversion. But I'm
>  > having trouble commiting. In fact I'm having trouble even
>  > understanding if I have permission. This
>  >   http://sourceforge.net/project/admin/?group_id=7500
>  > seems to be reduced from what shown in the old sourceforge
>  > interface.
>  >
>  > And given that Peter Wainwright is not on the "admin" list above and
>  > has committed code recently I have a feeling there's another list of
>  > developers (rather than admins) around somewhere.
>  >
>  > Thanks.

I would imagine the complete list of developers is available to the
admins only.
I've never been an admin on Sourceforge.
However, for comparison my permissions are listed on the page you
mentioned
like this:

      * You are listed as a developer (not administrator) for this
        project.
      * You cannot perform file release operations on this project.
      * You cannot manage documentation (in DocManager) for this
        project.
      * You cannot moderate forums for this project.
      * You cannot manage news postings for this project.
      * You cannot manage screenshots for this project.
      * You cannot manage Tracker items (in all Trackers, by default)
        for this project.
      * You cannot manage Tasks for this project.
      * You may access and commit to this project's CVS repository
        (unless otherwise restricted by a cvs_acls installation).
      * You may access and perform write operations to this project's
        Subversion repository (unless otherwise prevented by ACLs).
      * You may modify the contents of the project web site for this
        project (unless otherwise restricted by file permissions and
        ownership) on the project shell server.
I don't know how granular these permissions are. Perhaps you have access
to CVS
but not Subversion?

Peter Wainwright