ddd

Re: Cannot commit to SVN (could under CVS though)

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: Cannot commit to SVN (could under CVS though)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 06:54:26 -0500

Patch applied to trunk. (And tested too.)

But really that's just a small drop in the bucket of the recent
changes. Yes, a release is overdue. (It *is* after all a new year.)

Here is a list of the changes I have from the pydb branch that should
be merged to the trunk.

DDD News
********

==========
DDD-3.3.12-test6

- Remove pydb in this directory. Use
  http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/pydb instead

- pydb improvements/fixes
  * "cont"inue button for pydb was broken.
  * signal handling menu/support
  * disassembly window

- ddd that bash and pydb now have "commands", and "display" debugger
  commands.

-  LynxOS support via Olli Savia

- Add x86 theme for changing display expressions to x86 registers and
  flag-bits. Change Data/Memory examine behavior when used on Intel
  registers so that %reg is the same as $reg.
  Contributed by Zarko Zivanov.

DDD-3.3.12-test5
- Had broken gdb support

- Add vsllib/DEMOS into distribution

- Changes Makefiles to make "distcheck" or VPATH, or building outside
  of source tree work better (It's still not complete though).

- GNU Make, Python pydb and bashdb support improved:

  * command completion for bashdb and pydb (via gdb "complete")

  * possibly a better test for debuggers using "bashdb" (vs. "bash")
    and "remake" (vs. "make")

  * pydb and bashdb also now have built-in "cd" and "pwd" commands - use
    them.

  * deal with bogus file name <string> that comes up in
    tracebacks. Require a "run" to get pydb stack set correctly.

- Note
DDD-3.3.12-test4
- Minor bug fixes, mostly for Python support.

DDD-3.3.12-test3
- Extended python debugger support. Sort of a merge of pdb.py, ddd's old
  pydb.py and new things.