ddd

Problem: execution doesn;t come to the breakpoint

From: Nilanka Rajapaksha
Subject: Problem: execution doesn;t come to the breakpoint
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:39:40 +0530

Hi,

Please someone help me with this as I'm  a newbie to this debugger.
When I debug the project the execution doesn't come to my breakpoint which I'm sure the execution should come.

The project has a lot of files in different directories. I checked the *.o file is also created to the file. I added the breakpoint after opening the file using "open source" command. and when I press the edit button it opens a empty vi window in the wrong location which is the location that I run the debugger.

1) can the ddd debugger debug project with sources in different directories?
2) What is the correct method if the method I mentioned above is wrong?