ddd

Re: Problem: execution doesn;t come to the breakpoint

From: Peter Wainwright
Subject: Re: Problem: execution doesn;t come to the breakpoint
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:01:09 +0100

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 16:49 +0530, Nilanka Rajapaksha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please someone help me with this as I'm  a newbie to this debugger.
> When I debug the project the execution doesn't come to my breakpoint
> which I'm sure the execution should come.
>
> The project has a lot of files in different directories. I checked the
> *.o file is also created to the file. I added the breakpoint after
> opening the file using "open source" command. and when I press the edit
> button it opens a empty vi window in the wrong location which is the
> location that I run the debugger.
>
> 1) can the ddd debugger debug project with sources in different
> directories?

It is supposed to work.  I'm not sure how it determines the absolute
path to the source file and why it sometimes does not do this.  If you
look in the window title bar, sometimes you see an absolute and
sometimes a relative path.  If you try to Edit Source when you have a
relative path name in the source window, it fails.  It's on my To Do
list :-)

However, if you can see the correct file in the source window, and if
you can set a breakpoint in this window, it should work.  Have you
checked whether the breakpoint is set as you expect in the
Source/Breakpoints dialog (or using the gdb command "info breakpoints")?

Peter Wainwright