Re: [Directory-discuss] entry for Stow in FSD

From: Andrew Engelbrecht
Subject: Re: [Directory-discuss] entry for Stow in FSD
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:39:06 -0500

On 12/14/2011 06:57 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Adam, I'm puzzled by this.  I never saw it (and still don't see it) on
> the review page, http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Category:Review.  I try
> to keep my eye out there for new GNU updates.
>
> Andrew, can you figure out where Adam's update ended up?

Well, bug reports are in "Category:Bug_report":

http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Category:Bug_report

I was surprised when I originally stumbled upon that category, since bug
reports are in the "Review:" namespace, but not "Category:Review".
(Categories and namespaces are different ways of organizing things in
MediaWiki.) "Category:Review" is supposed to be for brand new entries,
while the "Category:Bug_report" is supposed to be for updated
information. While I'm at it, I might as well post the link to the
Workflow page, which lists some useful links and tips, including the
above link:

http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/FSD:Workflow

> (Also, Andrew, it occurs to me now that it would be useful for me if GNU
> packages were somehow marked as such on the Category:Review page, or
> there was a separate review page with just GNU packages.  I try to
> undertake to update information for GNU packages when it comes in, but I
> can't take on non-GNU.)

I think that I might be able to do some trickery to get this to work.
I'll try to get it working by tomorrow if time allows.

-Andrew