Re: [directory-discuss] Collection:IceCat extensions (proposed) "Edit" b

From: Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Collection:IceCat extensions (proposed) "Edit" blocked
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:33:52 +1000

> As far as I
> know, all projects that have listings of Mozilla add-ons rely upon the
> Mozilla site for getting the licensing data for each add-on. However, we
> have found that the Mozilla license info is often incorrect.

At addons.mozilla.org, the license is indicated by the author manually at the
time of upload. The website has no automatic detection scripts to my knowledge.

Has someone brought up this problem with Mozilla? I understand if we want to
review licenses by hand again, but if there is opportunity to work together and
maybe have their website pull licensing information from the fsf directory for
bigger accuracy, it could be useful.

Svetlana