Re: Pale Moon

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: Pale Moon
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 14:00:09 -0800

On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 14:38:28 -0500
Craig Topham <craigt@fsf.org> wrote:

> jxself, I may have been mistaken. According to a [2011 thread][0]
> with Brett Smith, it seems we have a position on the matter, and
> that it seems Pale Moon (as is) goes to far. However, I would like
> to verify that this is still our stance with a more recent example.
>
> [0]:
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2011-08/msg00014.html

Thank you. My hope is that the position remains consistent, because
exercising Freedom #2 to make exact copies should be directly
applicable to both source code builds and pre-compiled binaries (which
then have that redistribution license applied to them.) If you're
required to first make changes before doing so it seems you're not
able to make exact copies i.e., as it came from upstream.