discuss-gnu-electric

Re: silicon compiler size limit?

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: silicon compiler size limit?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:14:26 -0700

What are size limits on designs that use the silicon compiler?  Is 5000 gates possible?

I've looked through the code (which I didn't write, by the way) and I can't find any obvious limits in it.  It uses linked lists and allocates what it needs.  I'm sure that 5000 gates are possible, but if you can create a circuit that blows it out of the water, send it to me and I'll figure out why.

   -Steven Rubin