discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Version of Qt library

From: Tuukka Toivonen
Subject: Re: Version of Qt library
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:38:53 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Dmitry Nadezhin wrote:

>Qt interface was developed with latest Qt version qt-x11-free-3.0.1 . It was

Ok, thanks. So I try it with the latest Qt3.

First problem:
s-inf-pc24 /usr/local/src/electric-6.05> make
c++ -DUSEQT -I/include   -Isrc/include        -c src/cons/conlay.c -o
src/cons/conlay.o
In file included from src/include/global.h:36,
                 from src/cons/conlay.c:30:
src/include/config.h:110: qglobal.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [src/cons/conlay.o] Error 1

Althought I have
        QTINC =  -I/usr/include/qt
in Makefile where the qglobal.h is. So it doesn't use the given path.
So I fixed this by changing the line 9 in Makefile to
        CCOMPILER = c++ -I/usr/include/qt

Now it compiles for much longer, but then I get:
c++ -DUSEQT -I/include   -Isrc/include        -c src/db/dblangjava.cpp -o
src/db/dblangjava.o
In file included from src/db/dblangjava.cpp:31:
src/include/config.h:110: qglobal.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [src/db/dblangjava.o] Error 1
(I don't have Java enabled).

I fix this by editing Makefile line 85 to
        CPPCOMPILER = c++ -I/usr/include/qt

And finally, it compiles and runs with Qt when I start it. Also the
scrollbars don't "stuck" as they did with Motif. Unfortunately, it is much
slower than with Motif. I used Electric quite comfortably with Pentium 120
MHz, but the Qt interface feels very sluggish even with this Athlon 800
MHz.

>I recommend to get sources of latest qt release and
>compile qt from sources:

Yes. That's what I always did previously. Unfortunately it's just too much
work to download and compile everything by hand. So I'll skip this one..