discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Net names in gds files

From: JWS RH
Subject: Re: Net names in gds files
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 13:13:17 +0000

This has seemed to be one of the biggest usefulness
barriers to me - that I can't use Electric to work
on existing circuit databases if I want to use the
LVS, because Electric requires arc constructs in
order to extract connectivity.

So, might the answer be to force the gds readin to
make all paths, polygons into "arc" representations?
Then at least the layout connectivity could be gotten?

That doesn't address attempting to pull net names
out of a gds file, which even Cadence won't do.

Electric does not currently read any connectivity information from GDS files, nor does it have a node extractor that can create such information. I am interested in improving the GDS reader to include connectivity, so if you, or anyone out there, knows how to get this information out of other CAD systems, and what the format is, let me know.