Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for Raw GPS L1 and L2 signal data

From: Chris Albertson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for Raw GPS L1 and L2 signal data
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:13:54 -0800 (PST)

Oh, you mean "raw signal data" as in a recording of the raw data.
I thought you ment "data about the raw signal".

After re-reading the specs, I think the only thing that _could_
receive GPS is an SDR.  as the signal is spread spectrum.
My little HT will receive the frequecy
that GPS uses but I don't think the full 1Mhz bandwidth signal
will come out the earphone jack ;-)  I am very much impresed
that Garman can sell a 12 channel parallel GPS receiver for $116
Qty 1 retail.

I think the cheapest way to receive GPS with your computer is
to connect to GPS's NMEA port to the computer's RS-232.  Yes I
know, rs232 is not good enough for some applcations.

=====