Re: Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] APCO 25

From: Seth David Schoen
Subject: Re: Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] APCO 25
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:18:05 -0800

Mark Smith writes:

> If at all possible, the better answer is to get the patent holders to
> allow non-comercial use free of charge.  Then, there would be no problems
> for someone like me to use the code, or better yet, help write the code.

You should keep in mind that there is some difficulty in reconciling
that arrangement with, say, the GPL (see its section 7).

I still have some uncertainty about how to apply section 7 of the GPL
to particular situations, and I'll probably ask the FSF to clarify
their interpretation a little bit next week.

--
Seth David Schoen <address@hidden> | Reading is a right, not a feature!
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   |                 -- Kathryn Myronuk