Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AR5000 and downconversion

From: Krzysztof Kamieniecki
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AR5000 and downconversion
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 19:32:39 -0400

And the answer is... the 10.7 IF output has two modes.

http://www.aoruk.com/pdf/5000m.pdf
page 29

<quote>

6-18 CONFIG - EXTERNAL I.F. output
(SDU5000)
The AR5000 is capable of providing a 10.7 MHz I.F. output
suitably wide enough to drive the optional SDU5000
spectrum display unit with a bandwidth of up to ± 5 MHz.
The I.F. output is default to OFF so must be activated
before the SDU5000 (or any other similar peripheral) may
be used.

<snip>

The SUB DIAL is used to select the required parameter from
those available:

1 I.F. taken from before the selective filtering (least
selective) and suitable for use with the optional SDU5000
spectrum display unit. Should this selection not be made,
the SDU5000 will not display a spectrum trace.

2 I.F. taken from after the selective filtering (most
selective) and is not suitable for use with the optional
SDU5000.

OFF I.F. output deactivated (default)
</quote>