Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP for YPbPr ADC?

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP for YPbPr ADC?
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 03:04:12 -0500

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 09:05:42PM -0800, Steve Schear wrote:
> At 08:28 PM 12/25/2004, Dave Dodge wrote:
> >One big catch with SDI (and I assume HDSDI) for home use is that since
> >it has no encryption or other protections on the data, groups like the
> >DVDCCA won't license consumer gear to output an SDI signal.  There are
> >companies that produce modchips and add-on boards for this purpose.
>
> Besides 16x9 is anyone aware of similar mods and chips for HD set-top-boxes?

www.avsforum.com would probably be the ideal place to look:

  http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=42

As far as I know 169time is the main supplier of those modifications,
in the form of a firewire output for HD receivers.  I seem to recall
that their device was producing an MPEG TS specifically designed to be
compatible with the JVC D-VHS deck(s) and might have had issues with
other recording devices -- but they might have resovled that.  There
was at least one other company working on a similar mod and suggesting
that they had better MPEG conformance, but it's been at least 8 months
since I was following any of this so I don't know if anything ever
came of it.

                                                  -Dave Dodge