Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A suggestion to the list manager

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A suggestion to the list manager
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:43:50 +1030

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 05:32 am, Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 07:46:18PM +0100, Ulf Soderberg wrote:
> > How about having a Reply-To: email header containing the
> > "address@hidden" in addition to the To: header?
> >
> > /Ulf
>
> We're currently configured so that a "Reply" goes only to the sender,
> and a "Reply to All" goes to the sender and the list.
>
> This gives everybody a choice.
>
> Setting Reply-To: to the list makes it a pain to reply only to the sender.

I beg to disagree. Most mailing-lists that I'm a member of (netbsd, kde,
geneology-list etc.) reply to the list and only reply to all includes the
sender.

A mail generated by a list should in the first instance also replied to the
list and optional to the sender. The reason for this being that it is
logical, it prevents harvesting of email addresses and most topics are
generally of interest to all list members.

Just my 2 cents,

cheerio Berndt
--
Every man who says frankly and fully what he thinks is doing a public service.
[Leslie Stephen]