Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] *much* faster filtering --- plus vhf mountaintopp

From: Daniel O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] *much* faster filtering --- plus vhf mountaintopping
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 22:27:48 +0930

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:43, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> for about 3 or 4 minutes each before filling up 20Gb free space. Still it's
> nice to collect
> field data for later slicing and dicing in the basement.
>
> Looking for faster/bigger portable storage. The Adaptec SlimSCSI 1480 card
> will only do
> 20MB/sec.

If you can power a mains appliance (car inverter?) you could use an external
firewire drive.

I doubt you could run a USB enclosure and the USRP without running out of USB
bandwidth but firewire should be OK.

The enclosures I've used (Mapower) can keep up with WDxxxxJB drives which do
around 30-50Mbyte/sec.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum