[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: CVS changes

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: CVS changes
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:26:38 -0700

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 05:49:28PM -0400, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 July 2005 14:23, Eric Blossom wrote:
> > Matt & I are sorting out a problem with some new fpga code right now.
> > I'll get them in a bit later today.
>
> For the sake of those following CVS, when should it be safe again to build a
> bitstream from the CVS verilog?  Or do you need testers for some of this?
> How dangerous to USRP hardware could tracking fpga CVS be?  I see several
> changes in the current CVS, and it looks interesting.

There's nothing in CVS that's going to kill any hardware, but we're making
changes at a pretty fast and furious rate.  We'll probably slow down
a bit tomorrow evening.  We'll post a note summarizing the changes.

We definitely want testers.  Give us another day or so to get
everything in.

The lastest stuff that went in today includes code that runs a control
loop in the FPGA that automatically corrects for any DC offset that it
sees.  This works with all our daughterboards, since they all block
DC.  However, if anybody has built a daughterboard that doesn't block
DC, you'll want to disable this feature.

To disable:

  u.set_dc_offset_cl_enable(0x0, 0xf)

See usrp_basic.h for docs.

Eric